FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
686 views 7 comments
by
Hi

I purchased the TRB140 around a month ago, updated the firmware to the latest version and set to using the device in bridge mode and its been working great up until yesterday.

The network/USG seems to be loosing access to the internet, whilst the TRB140 appears to be connected to 4G with a good signal strength.

The USG is using 192.168.1.1 as per default, and the TRB140 is using 192.168.2.1. is there something obvious that I've misconfigured here or some other settings that would need changing for this type of setup.

Network topology is as follows: TRB140 > USG > Unifi Switch + Unifi AP.

Many thanks

Matt

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

When this issue appeared and you said that TRB140 seems like connected to 4G, were you able to ping any website?

It may be an issue with your USG if TRB140 can access the internet. Also you try to reboot your TRB140 and check if something changes.

Regards.
by
Hi

Thanks for your message.

No I couldn't access/ping any websites on the local network. I was also struggling to connect the TRB140 using 192.168.2.1, I had to do a full restore to enable the device to be accessed using its IP.

Thanks

Matt
by anonymous
As I understand your device is working right now again?  To prevent it from happening again I suggest configuring Auto-reboot service: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB140_Auto_Reboot
by
Yes I tried restarting a number of times with no effect, it took a full restore (5 second press of the reset button) to get the device running again. But it looks as though it's happened again this morning.
by anonymous
Could you look up which modem firmware your TRB is using?
by
Yes, from memory it's TRB14X_R_00.02.04.3 as that was the latest available when I setup the device on the 16th of September. I can double check this later as I'm away from the device at present, but I'm fairly certain its correct.
by anonymous

Right now the latest version is TRB14X_R_00.02.05.1. Please upgrade to this one and also there is separate modem firmware. You can check it by navigating Status > System (refer the example below from RUTX page):

by
I'll give this a go later on, thanks.