FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
665 views 13 comments
by

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you elaborate more on the issue? Which part shows you this error and what are you trying to accomplish? Also your what is your firmware version?

Regards.
by
Yes both routers have access to internet and also remote access is enabled in slave router yet it is giving operation in progress.
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you try to get another slave parameters, like hostname, serial number, or anything from this list: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Modbus

Let me know what is the output when you are trying to get another value.

Regards.
by
HI,
thanks for your help. there was some internal issue causing problem. Now that it is fixed and everything is going fine.  I am requesting certain parameters from master router to slave router like system uptime, temperature, mobile signal strength and all is receiving properly but when i request some text field like router name and system name it returns a values like given below and if i convert it into text( from hex) it returns a garbage value. Can you help converting it?
[21605,27764,28526,26987,24877,21077,21561,13621,11875,28525,0,0,0,0,0,0]
[1381323833,892665856,0,0,0,0,0,0]
by anonymous

Hello,

I just tested your solution myself. You need to change the data type to anything you feel comfortable reading or converting. For this example, I tried to get the System hostname. I selected Hex in the data type field and once I got the result, I used a simple online converter.

Best regards.

by
HI,

How can we define a Modbus slave. I have done the settings for Modbus Serial Master in 1st router (i.e; master) that is RS232 Configuration and RS232 Slave Device's list. But I want to ask do I have to do some configuration in 2nd Router (i.e; slave) or not?

Also is it right to connect RX to TX and TX to RX for RS232 communication.