FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
1,251 views 2 comments
by anonymous
This is rather a bug report then a help request.
I trying to setup RUT240 as OpenVPN client. I use encrypted private RSA key (generated by EasyRSA tool under Debian Stretch).
At first, every time I make some changes in the OpenVPN connection settings it asks for the description password. For what?
At second, the connection doesn't work, until I'd decrypt the key manualy by openssl tool and add it to the configuration.

FW ver.: RUT2XX_R_00.01.04.1
by anonymous

It also happens to me. When adding a new openvpn client and setting all the fields, it is not saving the "Private key decryption password".

Looking at "/etc/config/openvpn" file, option "key_encrypted" is set to '0'.

I will try to manually set this option until is fixed.

FW ver.: RUT2XX_R_00.01.06.1

by anonymous
I made it work a couple days ago. I had to use HMAC authentication file instead of "private key decryption password".

Anyways, i think that the problem described before is a bug because is not saving the decryption password.

Why there is not an option to upload a ".ovpn" file? It would make the configuration a lot easier.

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hi,

At first, every time I make some changes in the OpenVPN connection settings it asks for the description password. For what?

Could you add screenshot from your VPN settings and appeared error?