FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,767 views 7 comments
by
Hi, ive got a network set up and running for the first time using ZeroTier. I can ping the remote network but cannot browse. Ive done a packet capture and am getting reset packets sent back to the source.

The devices are an android device trying to browse a network behind a teltonika rut955 router. As i stated, i can ping the devices behind the router which says my layer 3 routing is correct, but cannot browse so guess its a firewall issue?

But ive put the correct firewall rules in ( i think) and still cannot browse.

Thanks
by anonymous
Did you manage to resolve this? I’m seeing the exact same issue on an RUT955. I can ping the router itself and devices behind the router but can’t load their web interfaces. The router is in a field deployable device that either connects by cellular or a wired wan connection on site when available. The unit is currently on a corporate network so there could be some ports blocked or double NAT happening. What was your wan connection on the RUT when you saw this?

James

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

May i know what are you trying to do? what service are you trying to reach with the zerotier network of yours??
Could you give us the full details?? You for the routing you made you mean you routed it via zero tier? platform??

Regards,
Jerome
by
Trying to browse to several web apps all on port 80 inside the network.
and yes ive done the routing via the zero tier platform. Pings work from my phone to the internal device just not browsing.
by anonymous
You can do this method if you want to access the things on the LAN connected device on port 80.
So you will input like zerotier managed ip for the router ":" then port number example 192.168.192.123:8811 and it will redirect let say to 192.168.1.100:80.

Here is a similar case for this request of yours: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/22826/port-forward-with-zerotier

Hope it helps

Regards,
Jerome
by
Hi Jerome

Unfortunately I have done this but it still wont work. I have added it and the same thing is happen. Packets are getting dropped on way back to my Android device.

Exactly the same as before and web page will not load

So further testing - it works fine on my laptop but not on my android phone
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you share you network topology for this instance so that i will have more understanding and we can generate a more efficient solution.

Regards,
Jerome
by
Hi Jerome

So i Have RUT955 with ip 192.168.1.1

Connected to this are 2 devices with web apps. Hosted on port 80 (192.168.1.117/118).

The RUT is connected to a ZeroTier network and when my mobile device is connected to the Zero Tier network i can ping 192.168.1.117/118 but cannot browse to them over port 80
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you try disabling the firewall on the 2 devices that is running the web apps?

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jerome