FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
683 views 4 comments
by
Hello, after restarting the router, log history shows events only starting from the moment the router is up again. Can I somehow access logs history before the restart / shutdown?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

You could see the logs by downloading troubleshoot file from the system>Administration>troubleshoot.

Or you can go to service>CLI and login username : root , password : same as set for webui login  and after logging in run command logread.

There you could see the logs.

Thank you.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Ahmed Rehan.
by
Hi Ahmed, thank you for this info. Question is how to get to logs that recorded system events before rebooting the router? As I see, logs from troubleshoot file or results of logread command show only entries starting from the moment of last router launch/reboot.

So imagine my router is working for last 7 days, then it was rebooted and after that I want to review the logs recorded before the reboot (for that 7 days before). How to access it?

Thanks.

Raf
by anonymous
Hello,

The logs are saved in the RAM and after the reboot information is removed from the memory . Only logs that are generated after the reboot can be seen . If the device is rebooted again the saved logs will be lost.

But you can also change the directory to the flash memory. So, even if the device reboots logs should be there even after the reboot.

Thank you.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Ahmed.
by
Hi Ahmed,

we also have a RUT240.

On the page Troubleshoot I can choose where to save logs. RAM or Flash. My understanding is that if the logs are saved to Flash they are not deleted afgter reboot. Is that correct?

If so, how do I access the Flash memory?

Best,
Felix
by anonymous
Hello,

Yes if you save the logs to the flash memory you can see them even after the reboot.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ahmed