FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
905 views 11 comments
by
Hai.

My objective is to change port 3 LAN to WAN 2 as PPPoE with tag VLAN. I follow this guide below as references, but somehow the result isn't showing the way it should.
https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Use_LAN_port_as_WAN

1) Firstly I created the WAN name on LAN

2) Assign Vlan 500 to lan_WAN that I just created

3) Configured it at CLI for 'lan_WAN'

After configured at CLI, I restart the router but on the WAN dashboard is doesn't display lan_WAN. Please advice. Thank you

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

First of all, make sure you get past the point where you just make a WAN out of your LAN. After you're successful and you see that your new WAN port gets an IP and you're able to ping outside network from your router - then you can proceed with configuring it as you like (PPPoE, tag-based VLAN, and so on).

I'm assuming that you tried to do everything at once and maybe configuration will be messed up somewhere. Please reset your router to defaults - just to make sure you start fresh and following the guide try to manage just to get the second WAN working because the guide is correct and should be leading you to fully working solution.

EB.
by anonymous

I tried to follow this guide below
https://community.teltonika-networks.com/19384/rutx10-tagged-vlan-on-wan?show=19384#q19384
 but still can't dial up PPPoE, maybe there is a mistake that I have made which I didn't noticed. please advise. thank you

by anonymous
Do you have like instructions of your ISP or the service you're trying to run PPPoE from?

EB.
by anonymous
Hi ErnestasB

Normally when I want to connect PPPoE with my ISP, I will need to tag VLAN 500 on the WAN ethernet port, username, and password before I dial-up PPPoE, by the way, my ISP is Unifi.
by anonymous
Would you be willing to do a remote session tomorrow? If yes - please private message me with a time that is comfortable for you.

EB.
by anonymous
Hi ErnestasB

Sorry for the late reply, Yes you could remote to my laptop tomorrow morning at 9.00 am to troubleshoot this issue. Do you have an email for me to share the Teamviewer ID and password?.

Fahmi
by anonymous
Hello,

Unfortunately, today I'm unavailable to help you. Would you consider doing it on Monday?

EB.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi ErnestarB

Could you remote at 8.00 pm today?

Regards
Fahmi
by anonymous
By what timezone?

EB.
by anonymous
Hi EB

Malaysia Time Zone

Regards
Fahmi
by anonymous
If you could do 9.00 pm today by your time zone that would be perfect.

EB.
by anonymous
Hi ErnestarB

Okay can at 9.00 pm with Malaysia Time Zone

Thank You
Best Regards
Fahmi
by anonymous
Please download anydesk and send me your ID via private message when you're ready for the remote session.

EB.