FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
480 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Is it possible to switch off all LEDs by CLI? I'd like to use the router as an alarm system and don't want to make intruders suspicious about the device, when it is armed.When not, I still want to have the LEDs in their normal function.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

There is a possibility to switch ALL LEDs except Power LED. Power LED will always work no matter what you do in the software.

To change it everywhere except Power LED - you must change the config in /etc/config/system.

There you will find this:

config leds

option enable '1'

By changing 1 to 0, after restart and some time of booting you should be able to see all the LEDs OFF, but as I mentioned, Power LED is an exception.

If you want to hide Power LED too, maybe black tape will help you?

EB

Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks for the Answer. With the power LED I can live with. I could put a cover on it. I see the power enabled by all the other LEDs.

But for the others: is it possible on the fly, without rebooting? As described, I'd like to put them off, when alarm service gets armed, and back to normal function, when disarmed.
by anonymous
You can use /etc/init.d/ledsman restart in case you don't want to fully restart your router.
by anonymous
Oh, great, it works. Thank You very much!