FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,364 views 3 comments
by
Hello,

I am almost giving up on my configuration of the RUT955. I‘ve inserted the card of AldiTalk which is using the Eplus Network here in Germany. Whatever I do the card is not being recognized. I‘ve tried using an older Firmware, I tried to use a manual setup of the APN, used different settings for the connection type. Nothing is changing the state of Sim1. The state of the sim card stays at „not inserted“. Any help would be appreciated to get my internet access running.

Regards
by anonymous
Having used (and programmed) many different, openwrt-based devices (incl. RUT955), unfortunately I have to say, that quite often there are contact problems with the SIM. I also had them with the RUT955, BTW. Try a few times to insert/remove the SIM.

Supplier should spend a few cents more and install reliable, robust SIM-trays.

Viel Glueck :-)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Have you tried to insert the different SIM card into the router and check if it shows as inserted? Are you inserting a SIM card when the device is already on? If that is the case then reboot the modem or device.  Also, try another SIM card slot, another router. Also reflash your firmware version via bootloader menu: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT9xx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu

Inform me about the results.

Regards.
by
I tried several SIM cards in the router and suddenly the cards where recognized in the slot. At the beginning the cards where swapped in the sim card bays. The card I had in slot one was recognized as being in slot two and vice versa. After rebooting the router found the cards in the right slots but now the configurations related to the cards donˋt seem to match. I haven‘t understood the principle yet. For all of the two cards I have to define the APN and up to now only one of the cards work at a time when I switch the default SIM card. What can I do to have the right configuration for the right Slot?
by anonymous
Hello,

Under Network > Mobile you can see SIM1 and SIM2 configuration tabs. SIM1 configuration is for tray number one and SIM2 is for tray number 2 card. Configure accordingly. Also, yes only one SIM can work at a time because the router has only one modem. After manual or software SIM card switch another SIM card starts to connect to the operator.