FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,438 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'm going to automate the process of installing packages and configuring some services. It will be SNMP.

Tell me please how to install the package Rut9xx_tlt_custom_pkg_snmpd_5.8.6_ar71xx_v2.ipk over CLI and push the config file with snmp-settings correctly as WEB-UI additionally starts scripts for opening firewall's ports for snmp.

My environment is RUT955. FW ver.: RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

To install the package via CLI, you need to upload file first to the device. You can do that using any FTP client(for example I use WinSCP). Once you successfully upload file to the router file system /tmp/ folder. Use following command to install it:

opkg install /tmp/Rut9xx_tlt_custom_pkg_snmpd_5.8.6_ar71xx_v2.ipk

Referring to your second question, could you elaborate? Are you asking how to download MIB file using CLI?

Regards.

by anonymous
Thank you very much for you answer, but I have got an error:

opkg install Rut9xx_tlt_custom_pkg_snmpd_5.8.6_ar71xx_v2.ipk
Installing tlt_custom_pkg_snmpd (5.8) to root...
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for tlt_custom_pkg_snmpd:
 *      libnetsnmp *
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package tlt_custom_pkg_snmpd.
by anonymous
Hello,

I just tested myself, for unknown reasons it does not work. I forwarded this issue to our RnD team. Could you explain why you cannot install this package via Package manager?

Regards.
by anonymous
I have around 1000 devices RUT955. It takes too much time.

opkg doesn't install dependensies.
by anonymous
Alright, I will let you know once RnD analyses the issue.
by anonymous
Hi,

do you have any updates about my question?
by anonymous

Hello,

Sorry for late response. 

Could you try to use opkg update command before trying to install SNMP. That should solve the issue.

Regards.