FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
675 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I use a RUTX11 as router on my sailing boat. The internet access should normally run over a Ubiquiti Bullet M2 from the respective marine port WLAN. The Bullet M2 is connected to the RUTX11 WAN port.

If the marine port WLAN is not available, LTE should be used. In networks that allow access with SSID and password it works fine. If the WLAN operator has a captive login page, I usually can not reach this login page.
I suspect the error is caused by two DNS servers (Bullet M2 and RUTX11) in a row or a firewall problem. Is there a solution to reach the outside captive websites?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you give more details on what are you trying to do. Did you configure hotspot on RUTX11? Or you are just using it as a normal access point?

Base on the question you generated what i understand is like this:

To get internet connectivity on the devices that is connect to RUTX11 you will be redirected to a captive portal for the information part.

And your issue is when the RUTX11 is using it's mobile sim card it is not redirecting to the Marine Port Captive portal. The reason why it is not redirecting to the Marine Port Captive portal because sim card is not a part of the marine port network.

Hope it helps

Regards,
Jerome
by
Hello, Jerome,
My problem is not the conflict between the captive portal and an active SIM card. When I connect to the marina network, I switch off the mobile connections first. For a better understanding I have made a sketch of my system. Can I send you this pdf file?  

Many greetings
Christian
by anonymous
Hello Christian,

Yes you can but you need to create an account to send a file via pm. It will be a great help to see the whole topology of your network.

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous
Hello Jerome,

I'm registered as tcgerd. Please send me a PM and I will answer.

Thank you

Christian
by anonymous
Hello,

Sent..

Regards,

Jerome