FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
526 views 5 comments
by anonymous
I've got three RUT240s monitored from the RMS account and they keep stating that they are offline even when they're online. This makes remote management very difficult as I can't generate a link to access the WebUI. It is entirely possible that this is due to the connection with RMS being lost by the RUT240 but I don't understand why it won't re-establish. One of the sites is a two hour round trip so visiting to manually reconnect the device to the RMS is not convenient or professional.
by anonymous
I have the same problem with some RUT240 and RUT230
by
I am also having this issue. I have the RUT240 and after about a month they show as offline. I haven't yet tried to reconnect them, I may do so.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Please try removing and adding devices to RMS again. This should reconnect them, because if you're stating that they're online - they will try to reconnect to RMS every 2-3 minutes.

EB.
by anonymous
I have already done this for each of the sites and they have subsequently fallen off RMS. It is no good having a remote management system that requires repeated site visits to manually reconnect the device to the service. I have been given instructions on how to re-establish the RMS connection via SMS, but this is still less than ideal. It does seem that the recent RMS upgrade has made the system less reliable and more prone to losing connection to devices.
by anonymous

It doesn't works. I done it many times. It's very annoying. In a professional RMS this is unacceptable, especially when I pay for it!

"I have been given instructions on how to re-establish the RMS connection via SMS" - could you give me the instruction?

0 votes
by anonymous
I have this same problem. The device has worked flawlessly for a couple of months, but now shows offline in RMS whatever I do. It has credits etc, and it is providing internet service to attached devices, but no RMS connection. I have tried using SMS UCI API messages to turn monitoring off and on, but still shows offline in RMS. SMS monitoring_status commands returns Monitoring-enabled;Connection-closed.

Seems like this is a problem for many people. It is a shame, because otherwise the system is superb, and I was planning to deploy n several locations, but this problem may make them useless for me.
by anonymous
To be honest I have given up with this system. I am going to try Robustel instead as many in the industry say that it is a better solution. I am lucky in that I only have three sites with Teltonika routers and these are going to lapse pretty soon - either because the customer is getting a hard line installed or the temporary site is shutting down.