FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
346 views 7 comments
by
Hi there

Is there a way to expand the limit of 20 IP's to Mac Filter list?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

You can add more than 20 MACs through CLI:

1. Go to your CLI and log-in.

2. Type vi /etc/config/wireless

3. Press I on your keyboard to start editing the file.

4. Find your access point, it should look something this:

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
option device 'radio0'
option network 'lan'
option mode 'ap'
option ssid 'RUT_0F49_2G'
option wifi_id 'wifi0'
option encryption 'psk2+tkip+ccmp'
option key 'j3Z9GbNa'
option macfilter 'allow'
list maclist '00:D8:61:XX:XX:XX'

5. Add more lines like list maclist '00:D8:61:XX:XX:XX' , but use your wanted MAC instead.

6. Exit editing with typing :wq on your keyboard and press Enter to save and quit.

7. Restart wireless service with command /etc/init.d/wireless restart

EB

Best answer
by
Thank you a lot for your answer. So only GUI doesn't allow it, that is a pity, this method is not very user friendly and if I have 21 and need 22 I need to enter all 21 again? ;-(

PS - Sorry, how do I open CLI? Should I telnet to my router? Says can't connect.
by anonymous
I'll make sure to report it as a suggestion to RnD.

EB.
by
Is this limitation of the GUI only, javascript? Is it possible to "hack" in the browser the limit 20 in the javascript or is it more advanced than that?
by anonymous
It's the limitation of WebUI and no - it's not-hackable as it is how it's programmed in the firmware.

EB.
by
If I type :wq it is shown in editor, it doesn't save the file. What am I doing wrong?

Jerry
by
Thank you, that works! But the wireless command is not in that folder so I can not reboot wireless... I think this is my last problem.
by
Please mention this to the firmware team, 20 is really not enough if you have smart things at home etc. and want security of the allow MAC Filter...