FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
263 views 1 comments
by
Device: RUTX09 S/No 1102494375

The unit has been operating normally for over 12 months at a clients site.  I was informed of loss of internet connection and attended site.  I was unable to access the web UI on 192.168.1.1 to perform any diagnostics, I was able to login as root via CLI.  Whilst connected via ethernet to the RUTX09 I was able to ping and connect to other devices on the network.

I power-cycled the unit and am still unable to connect to the web UI with error ERR_CONNECION_REFUSED

The device was removed from site to perform a firmware upgrade however when following the instructions to enter bootloader mode (press reset, power device, wait for ethernet leds to flash) the device did not enetr the bootloader mode and instead performed a factory reset.

I still have root access via CLI and can ping on 192.168.1.1 but still no web UI, no internet from GSM  (SIM tested in another device) and it seems there is no way to update the firmware as I cannot enter the bootloader

Can this be rectified via CLI or is this a warranty issue?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Could you try these options:

1. In CLI type firstboot , confirm everything right after, and reboot device. (This should initiate full reset).

2. If after the suggestion above it still doesn't work as it supposed to - try doing bootloader reset again (plug off the power socket, hold the reset button and insert power plug while holding the reset button).

3. In this case, you should reach bootloader even if the whole FW is broken, so try until you do it properly.

Please let me know how it goes.

EB.

by
Thank you,

I used firstboot command as above and it got me access back to the web UI, the firmware has now been updated to the latest version and I have internet connectivity, although not as yet an operational DNS (I can only connect with direct IP address input in the browser)

I will check the wiki and FAQs for solutions to that!

regards

Nick