FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
754 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I would like to receive a text message (SMS) from my RUTX11 every time it performs an automatic SIM switch.

I have configured my RUTX11 (FW: 2.05.1) to automatically switch SIMs when a specific data limit is reached but I do not get any indication/SMS report on the time it actually happens.

Is it possible? please assist.
by anonymous

I strongly support your suggestion! 

Feature request: Add SIM Switch as a triggering event in Events reporting.

As the RUTX11 only has one modem, I guess it will not be able to have a SIM Switch rule triggered by the network of SIM1 becoming available, right?

The requested feature would be highly interesting for me (also using RUTX11). Here's the case: 

• SIM2 is used as a failover.
  • SIM2 has a limited data plan.
  • After a SIM switch occurs, there's no way to automatically switch back to SIM1 once the issue causing the SIM switch has been rectivied.
  • Receiving an alert (SMS or e-mail) would enable me to manually monitor the situation and switch back.

Let's see if we can get attention and have it implemented in a future firmware.

#feature-request

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Have you configured it like that? :

1. Go to Network > Interface and edit your wanted SIM card interface.

2. Enable data connection limit (configure it as you want, e.g set it to have data limit 50, and let's say warning should be sent on 49)

3. Go to Mobile > SIM Switch (configure it to switch on the data limit).

I've tested this on 2.05.1 and it works fine.

EB.
by anonymous

Hi,

SIM switching on data limit is working fine, there is no issue on that.

However, I would like to receive an SMS notification-report - sent from RUTX11 to my mobile phone - at precisely the moment a SIM switch is actually performed by the router. 

Thanks!

by anonymous
Sorry for the late reply,

In this case, there's no way to do it at this moment on RUTX11.

EB.
+3 votes
by anonymous

Hello again, 

I understand it is not possible with the current version of firmware (2.05.1).

However it would be nice to see that implemented on a future firmware release as an additional "Event Reporting Rule"

Please forward my suggestion to Teltonika's technical team.

Thanks in advance. 

by anonymous
I would certainly support event reporting on SIM switch. I implemented the event report on data connection with the SMS message including the SIM in use and operator name but as my router is in a boat I can get a significant number of disconnection and reconnection events as the boat travels without switching SIM so I get loads of SMS messages.

Please consider adding this in a firmware update.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

You can send an email or SMS for "Mobile data" events, it can tell you which SIM is in use. Go to Services->Event reporting, add a rule with Event=Mobile data, Event type=Connected, Action and subject as you require. For Message text I use:

Device name - %rn; Event type - %et; Event text - %ex; Time stamp - %ts;
Mobile ip addr: %mi slot %su cellid %ci
network info %ni neighbour cells %nb

Regards,

by anonymous

Hi, 

Thanks for the tip. Could someone elaborate on the options?

There are three triggers for “Mobile data”: Connected, Disconnected, and All. 

• The manual doesn’t specify what’s behind “Connected” and “Disconnected”. 
  • The status overview page shows either “Connected” or “Disconnected” for the “Internal modem”. 
  • Neither of these terms are shown under Network > Mobile or under Network > Interfaces: MOB1S1A1. 

Based on the above, I would interpret the triggers for Connected and Disconnected as related to the modem rather than to a SIM switch event. Is this correct? Further, a SIM switch can be triggered by activities not – at least to me – related to the connection status (e.g. hitting a data limit, or a weak signal). 

As mentioned, I would like to configure the event report text when a SIM switch occurs so that it is apparent that a SIM switch was the trigger … and possibly have this sent as SMS to a specific number (other than other possible “mobile data” events) or as e-mail instead of SMS. 

by anonymous

"I would interpret the triggers for Connected and Disconnected as related to the modem rather than to a SIM switch event. Is this correct? "

Yes, but as the message can report which SIM is in use at least you have something. How to narrow it to a SIM switch event only is another question. As in "left to reader" as I have heard many times when I was a student ...

Regards,

by anonymous
That's a second-best, but not quite the same. Please upvote the original question by winware2000 if you support the feature request.