FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,360 views 9 comments
by
Hello, I am trying to configure the RUT240 as wireguard 'server' so other devices like PCs or smartphones can connect to LAN. The router is accessing the internet trought a SIM card.

The problem is that the devices apparently connect to the RUT240 but nothing is received (only transmitted). In the status tab for wireguard no peer connected is listed. I think is a firewall issue.

Can someone provide a backup config from the router with wireguard working? so i can modify it on my purpouse.

Thank you very much.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't give you a backup configuration, but I can give you screenshots of the working WireGuard configuration.

Here the main aspects are that we need IP address that is 10.0.0.1 on server side (RUT240).

And peer configuration:

Public Key of client-side (Android). Allowed IP must be the one from the client (Android): 10.0.0.2 and endpoint host WAN IP of Client (Android).

Android:

Address of the client: 10.0.0.2

Public key of the peer must be server-side (RUT240) public key. Allowed IP: 0.0.0.0/0 and endpoint of server-side (RUT240) WAN IP.

Hope this helps.

EB.

by
Thank you Ernestas,

Is necessary to add the Endpoint Host? I guess it is the public IP address, isn't it? My 'clients' don't have fixed ip address.

Do i have to add any config in the firewall?
by anonymous
If you don't have a fixed public IP, you can try dynamic DNS services which will give you a domain, which forwards to your current public IP.

Also, no firewall exceptions are needed, I just tested it and tunnel established on default factory settings.

EB.
by

Hello,

I've restored the RUT to factory. Configured SIM PIN, changed LAN IP, added Dynamic DNS, installed Wireguard from the package manager and configured it as u did but still no success. I attach some screenshots:

STATUS

RUT240 'Server' config

RUT240 'Client' Config

Android 'Client' Config

by anonymous
Could you maybe try a different mobile phone? I can't see that being a problem in RUT240 as I successfully tested it and it works fine.

EB.
by

I changed the RUT240's SIM to other provider one. I tried to connected from a Windows PC with the same config as the Android phone but still no success. The client transmit but doesn't receive, in the RUT I can see that the handshake isn't done. 

by anonymous

If you think that could be the firewall issue - you can try executing /etc/init.d/firewall stop in CLI

EB.

by
No way, i disabled de firewall (with several warnings) but there is no handsake. The peer transmits but never receives.

I cannot understand how I am not able to make , such a simple config protocol, work.
by anonymous
Please try factory resetting the router. If after that it still won't establish the connection - send me your troubleshoot file via private message.

EB.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello ErnestasB, I sent you a private message. I didn't have time to try to establish the wireguard connection for a while.

Recently, i tried reseting to factory as you suggested but still no success. Which files do you need me to send?

Thank you very much.
by anonymous
Hello, still not able to establish connection. The client sends but never receives. Any idea?

Thank you very much.