FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
802 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi all. I have 4 ethernet ports on my RUTX09. LAN1, LAN2 and LAN3 are the default lan ports, of which only port 1 is currently used, and the other is my WAN port connected to a VDSL service.

I use the 4G or VDSL in failover for my internet.

On the 3 LAN ports i effectively have a 192.168.1.0/24 network, and run the DHCP servcer on the RUTX09 to provide local addresses for devices on the LAN. LAN1 Port is connected to a 24 port ethernet switch for my LAN devices.

All is working well, but im hoping i can create a virtual interface on port LAN1.

So eth0 will be my existing 192.168.1.1/24 network, but on the same physical interface i want to have a 10.1.1.1/24 network, ie eth0:1

How can i do this?

Ive tried everything i can think of on the device, but i just dont seem to understand how to do this.

I suppose im not talking about creating a VLAN, but a virtual interface on an existing physical interface.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

So simply saying, you want to create another interface that would have a 10.1.1.0/24 IP network?

EB.
by anonymous
yes, but using the same single physical ethernet interface as i use now (LAN1)
by anonymous
Hi,

Unfortunately, no, because there must be one interface running on LAN port and can't be split into two. If you want to give one port another network - go to VLAN configuration and create a new VLAN, then just give one of the ports Untagged state. This way you will be able to choose a VLAN as a physical device when creating a new interface.

EB.
by anonymous
Hi,

From ssh or CLI you can use:

ifconfig eth0:1 10.1.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

or

ifconfig br-lan:1 10.1.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up