FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
320 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello to support team!

My question concerns the SAMBA network shares. In principle the SAMBA network shares work properly. Yet I have encountered problems concerning the credentials if I have configured a password. Using special characters in the password prevented me to access the share.

Please be so kind to specify the character set and the string length of both, the User Name and the Password.

On the WebUI there is no textual hint concerning possible restrictions, nor a validation when saving the credentials.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards

Guenther

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

This could be tricky as there are restrictions from our side and from the other side where you're connecting to the server. So keeping it short - restrictions could depend on OS too. Could you give me more information that I could test your issue? (OS or software you're using, any similar password with similar symbols).

EB.
by anonymous

Hello Ernestas,

thank you for taking over this issue.

Well, I have experimented with different Passwords, but I didn't get a clue. Here is my test configuration.

I'm using WIN10, Version 2004 (Build 19041.572) on a MS Surface Tablet.

RUT955 properties:

Firmware Version: RUT9xx_R_00.06.07

Kernel Version: 3.18.44

Bootloader Version: 3.2.4

I have tested different configurations so far as follows:

User Name Password Works? Comment
Guenther ******$*** no My WIN credentials, used as standard credentials during login
GuentherG ******$*** no Configured in RUT955 and entered as an alternative account in WIN dialog
Heinz test! yes Configured in RUT955 and entered as an alternative account in WIN dialog
Rita test yes Configured in RUT955 and entered as an alternative account in WIN dialog
GuentherG N00md00C yes Configured in RUT955 and entered as an alternative account in WIN dialog
GuentherH Hello01 yes Configured in RUT955 and entered as an alternative account in WIN dialog

For Password I have been trying two special characters, "$" and "!", while staying with standard characters for User Name.

So there is an evidence that the Password has restrictions.

Using standard characters for both, User Name and Password, works in all cases.

Thanks for your help!

BR

Guenther

by anonymous

Hi, charset of available symbols on RUT955 looks like this: 

a-zA-Z0-9!@#$%&*+-/=?^_`{|}~.

if there are other validations on the Windows operating system - then use the symbols that only Windows allows.

EB.

by anonymous

Hello Ernestas,

thanks a lot for your investigation. I will test a few different configurations.

I kindly ask you to add the information, how many characters (string length) are allowed for User Name and Password.

In addition, I suggest to add information on WebUI of RUT955 concerning these restrictions for User Name and Password, either as a help text in an information box, hovering over the text box, or in form of a validation information when entering the string into the text box.

Thanks in advance.

Bye

Günther

by anonymous
Hi,

The username limit is 10 characters.  And Password could be any length you want I believe, as I was just copying whole chunks of text into a field and it didn't stop me.

And yes, I already reported it to RnD and they will take care of this as soon as possible.

EB.