FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
168 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I have, with great success, relayed direct LAN connection to control devices over WAN (LTE), utilizing the TRB140 gateway. In these instances, I was interfacing with the devices using a web browser GUI and creating a secure URL using your RMS solution worked perfectly.

I am now looking to relay an RS232/RS485 signal over WAN (LTE), utilizing the TRB245 gateway. I need to interface with these devices using software running on a computer connected to WAN (Internet). The software is equipped to communicate with com-ports or IP-addresses but not with an URL. Does the RMS solution have a function that can facilitate communication with the software?

The software in question is  Mitsubishi Electric Maintenance Tool.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

If RS232/RS485 is set to work Over IP and has some kind of HTTP service running - you should be able to connect to it. But if it's COM port console - the only way to reach it would be connected to routers SSH in RMS and only then reaching the serial.

EB.