FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
988 views 0 comments
by
After switching SIMS I'm unable to configure the router through the wizard. The web interface returns with the following error:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:217: Failed to execute cbi dispatcher target for entry '/admin/system/wizard/step-mobile'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/i18n.lua:25: bad argument #1 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:217: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:93: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:93>

I've tried to update to the newest firmware (RUT9XX_R_00.05.03.3_WEBUI.bin), but I'm still unable to use the wizard. Even resetting to factory defaults both from web and CLI, the wizard isn't working. I've also tried to update the system with an older firmware (RUT9XX_R_00.05.02.5_WEBUI.bin), but still same result. 
Beside the wizard, I am able to configure the SIM modules from the Mobile Configuration page, but this doesn't result in a WAN connection over mobile. Also tried the SIM that was working until now, but without any luck. The RUT doens't seem to make any mobile connection anymore. 
Within the web interface there is also an option to scan for operators. I'm not sure if this option has ever worked in the past, but I'm sure it isn't working right now. 

I hope someone can help

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I've just tested multiple scenarios of your described issue but I was unable to reproduce it. Both the Setup Wizard: Mobile window and Scan for operators work as expected with RUT9XX_R_00.05.03.3.

Did you upgrade with the "Keep all settings" option? Perhaps there is something wrong with the configuration and it carried over even after the upgrade. Can you try resetting the router and reconfiguring it?

If that doesn't help, can you provide the router's Troubleshoot file? It can be downloaded from the router's WebUI, System → Administration → Troubleshoot section. You may want to remove any confidential info from your configuration before you download the Troubleshoot file. Usernames and passwords are blurred out automatically, but things like phone numbers are not.

0 votes
by

Thanks for your help.

I've reconfigured the router as you described. After initial boot I'm still unable to walk through Step 2 from the wizard.

Troubleshoot file