FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
342 views 3 comments
by

Hi together,

I have a serious problem with the RUT955.

The LTE connection is given, but the router quickly changes the connection state to the internet from online to offline. It's a real mess because I try to send mails automatically with a Raspberry Pi and if a mail was successfully send after some minutes the connection is lost already. 

I already tried just to ping 8.8.8.8 before sending mails to trigger network traffic but this doesn't help.
The latest router firmware was installed.

The network topology is as follows, mostly.
Restarting the connection doesn't help always but sometimes.

I would love to get some help resolving this issue, many thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you please check if you're using a custom APN? It seems like it might be your operator disconnecting you and then never reconnecting you back.

Have you tried to also reset your router to default factory settings, maybe downgrading the firmware or changing SIM to other operator and see how it behaves?

EB.
Best answer
by
Hi,

thanks for your answer.
I don't use any custom APN. It was set to automatic.
I reset to the default factory settings but nothing changed. It still says that there is a LTE connection available but it doesn't has internet connection.

I will try it with another SIM card
by anonymous
Hi,

That's the problem that you may need to use a custom APN provided by your operator. Please do research on which APNs are used for your operator network and insert the correct one into the Custom APN field.

EB.
by

Hi EB,

thanks for your support. I followed your advice and used a custom APN with the credentials which I found on the operators website. 
Up to now it seems to work as expected. 

Many thanks yes
Nicolas