FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
419 views 5 comments
by
Hello, I wanted to use mobile LTE as fail over from WIFI client. It detect well when my wifi is connected. But Im not sure that the data pass thru wifi connection when it is on because the metric of mobile interface is 2 and the metric of client WiFi is 8. How can I just adjust the metric of the interface and let everything in automatic using DHCP protocol ?

Thank you in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I didn't really understand your question. Do you want to know where to change metrics for failover?

EB.
by
Yes I have configured the failover to automacally use wwan wifi instead of 4G LTE data when wwan wifi is connected to an AP. When I wwan WiFi is connected I see wwan wifi online and also Mobile data online, but on the status page I noticed that the data still use mobile interface to transmit instead of wwan WiFi (wlan0). Checking the metric by using "ip route" command I saw that the metric of wwan wifi is 8 and the qmimux0 has metric 4. This could be the cause that the data still pass through qmimux0 instead of wlan0 (wifi interface) that why I was looking for how to modify the metric of the interface. But if you thing that there is other reason that the data pass through LTE instead of WIFI, I'm open to all suggestion you may have.

Thank you
by anonymous
Could you please tell me which device are you trying to configure?

EB.
by
RUTX11

FW: RUTX_R_00_02.04.3
by anonymous

First of all, what I would suggest is update your firmware to the latest version available.

Next thing you want to do is go to Network > Interfaces while your WebUI has Advanced Mode enabled.

Once you're there, you're allowed to drag these interfaces as you like, interface on top will have the highest priority and priority will go down accordingly to the interface arrangement. (Another way to do it would be editing any interface and going into its advanced settings, there you can change Gateway metric too).

Another way to do it would be through CLI or SCP file manager like WinSCP. Go to /etc/config and edit file mwan3 with command vi

There you will find all the configurations of failover and priorities.

EB.

by

I have already arrange the interface order as I would like, but this "Go to /etc/config and edit file mwan3 with command vi" is exactly what I need.

Thank you very much.