FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
516 views 1 comments
by anonymous

I know this topic was discussed on this forum a lot already but I can't get my setup to work. 

I have an RUTX08 with OpenVPN as server configured (configuration in the picture below)and my client: Windows 10 with OpenVPN client v11.20.0.0 uses the following config:

client

ev tun_c_ovpn

proto tcp

remote x.x.x.x 1194

resolv-retry infinite

keepalive 5 10

nobind

persist-key

persist-tun

verb 3

<ca>

</ca>

<cert>

</cert>

<key>

</key>

Additional information: 

RUTX08 local lan: 10.0.10.0 

device I want to RDP to from the WIN 10 client: 10.0.10.189

I have the push route configured, the firewall allows input, output and forward from openvpn -> lan and vice versa.

I can reach (ping) the RUTX08 via 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.10.1 but trying to ping 10.0.10.189 doesn't work, trying to rdp to it also doesn't work. I also tried a port forwarding from vpn to lan but no positive effect. Another problem is with the tls client settings, when I am trying to assign an virtual local ip an virtual remote ip to the client via tls clients it is simply ignored. (not that much important)

I have no idea any more what the problem might be. Can someone help me please.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

Please check if your WIN10 firewall is shut off. It might be the reason why you can't reach 10.0.10.189 only.

EB.
Best answer
by anonymous
Hi,

thanks a lot. I am very ashamed, but as a way able to connect to my computer via the domain network. I didn't think about the windows firewall. But the network of the RUTX08 was tagged as guest/public an for this type of networks PING und RDP were rejected in the windows firewall.

Now everything work. Thank you

I was also able to solve the TLS Client/static IP problem by understanding that the IP have to fit into an /30 subnet.