FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
537 views 4 comments
by anonymous

i have a rut955 router and everything set up correctly. I have a problem only with DDNS service update, a similar problem can be found at this link https://community.teltonika-networks.com/22171/ddns-not-updating-on-rut950-and-rut955?show=22171#q22171 but without solution.

Here is a picture of how i set up the DDNS service,

but the problem is:

I have the wan(DSL) as primary connection and Mobile LTE as failover.

The IP should be updated every 5 minutes and if it does not happen then it should be done after 6 minutes FORCE IP Update.

If I have a continuous DSL connection the service will update every 5 minutes correctly, but if the DSL connection is down and LTE is connected the DDNS service will not be updated at all, the Status will stay (as in Picture) at 2020-11-18, 14:08:00 and dont update anything until Reboot. On the Dynu.com website no LTE IP will be assigned. 

if I enter it manually then it works again but it should happen automatically because the router is meant to be an OpenVPN server.

P.S. i have on Both side DSL and LTE Public IP Adress. 

I need some Help. i must configure that for 5 different Servers (Rut955).

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you please test it out with a different Dynamic DNS service so we could be sure it's a problem on our side? Sometimes DDNS services do the IP check on their side differently.

EB.
by anonymous
Hello,

Thanks for your fast replay.

I already tried it with Noip and with SpDyn as well but the same problem.

Now i'm using Dynu, it should Update an IP every 2 min on Dynu. but nothing to do :(

SS
by anonymous
Thank you for this information.

Have you tried resetting your router to factory default settings or trying this DDNS configuration with other devices?

EB.
by anonymous
Yes i did a reset to factory default setting almost 2 times.

I tried the DDNS service on a Lancom Router and it works. the Problem is that i have to buy 5 other Rut955 and set it as OpenVPN Server.

Regards

SS
by anonymous
I've just tested that my IP changes normally in dynu.com. I had two cards with automatic switching enabled. DDNS in RUT9 updates every 5 minutes as it should, and dynu.com detects the change only when IP is changed.

EB