FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
688 views 5 comments
by
So far I am not very happy with the purchase of a RUTX12. I bought these because the modems would work simultaneously, so connections would not drop anymore! Very important when you provide live streams. Whatever I do now, if I remove 1 SIM card from the modem, the live stream will disappear. Apparently the modem chooses 1 SIM card to find its way to the stream provider. Whether I use failover or load balance makes no difference. I would like to hear from you how to solve this or how to set it up.

Thanks in advance!
by anonymous
What Firmware are you on, because it stopped working in RUTX_R_00.07.01.2 - for me

only way I can change route now is by changing the order in the interfaces menu, not Loadbalance nor Failover is working.
by anonymous
With each new Firmware new bugs ! Here too neither load balancing nor failover work anymore from RUTX_R_00.07.01.2 but now on RUTX_R_00.07.01.4. @Teltonika, how do you manage your FW test process ?! Shall I remind you clients buy RUTX12 because of load balancing and failover !! This is unbelievable, each release something else broken ! Seriously, stop the damage, you should stop this series of product as  already widely known in the business that neither HW - Modem random disconnections - nor SW is reliable. For those who bought: too bad, never ever again as far as I am concerned.
by anonymous

Got load balancing to work. Hope this will help others like me... as no feedback by telto. It requires log in CLI and go edit. In /etc/config, vi mwan3 delete other policies and keep only

config policy 'balance_default' 

list use_member 'wan_member_balance'
list use_member 'mob1s1a1_member_balance'
list use_member 'mob2s1a1_member_balance'
Add a rule in UI and select default load balancing policy (balance_default)
Make sure you have only One policy running "mwan3 status" it should look like this with only one policy

Current ipv4 policies:
balance_default:
mob1s1a1 (50%)
wan (50%)
Current ipv6 policies:
balance_default:
unreachable
Option metrics is a mess in mwan3 but it seems to work without having the same metric for all interfaces balancing

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I believe it might be dependable on one connection (one IP), and if it changes - your stream must reconfigure itself to work on another interface. I'm not an expert in streaming or its software, but is there a way to push two streams through the software so you could failover through the streams, and not the modems? This way you'll avoid disconnections and all you will need to do is route both SIMs to different streams.

I know that the device didn't do it as you expected it, but there are different streams and different software used, yours is dependant on one connection and unfortunately, it seems, a second modem can't take over the connection without connectivity being loose.

EB.
by

I sent you 2 emails on Friday November 20:

1. 8.34

good morning,

Thank you for your response. it is strange that you come up with a solution that has to be found outside the modem. I bought a modem that should automatically failover. I have read no exception!

I am not a modem expert. but when i read that 2 modems work simultaneously, and can generate high speeds, i assume there are no exceptions to that. the product is therefore not as indicated and what I could expect from it.

I enthusiastically told 2 other colleagues about your modems. and they also bought them. now it appears not to work, as you have indicated on the site. I believe that we should be able to return those modems.

perhaps it can be solved with bonding?

I still want to give you the chance to fix it. but that has to be done quickly!

Greetings Peter
2. 15.44
Hello,

I contacted the stream provider. The load balancing should come from the router (the rutx12). They do not apply load balancing at the stream provider. The stream provider can handle any IP address. But there should be no dip. Apparently that dip is there. then it seems that the load balancing is not going well. I would like to receive an appropriate solution or help.

Greetings Peter
Unfortunately I have not received any answers! Please find a suitable solution asap
0 votes
by

I sent you 2 emails on Friday November 20:

1. 8.34

good morning,

Thank you for your response. it is strange that you come up with a solution that has to be found outside the modem. I bought a modem that should automatically failover. I have read no exception!

I am not a modem expert. but when i read that 2 modems work simultaneously, and can generate high speeds, i assume there are no exceptions to that. the product is therefore not as indicated and what I could expect from it.

I enthusiastically told 2 other colleagues about your modems. and they also bought them. now it appears not to work, as you have indicated on the site. I believe that we should be able to return those modems.

perhaps it can be solved with bonding?

I still want to give you the chance to fix it. but that has to be done quickly!

Greetings Peter
2. 15.44
Hello,

I contacted the stream provider. The load balancing should come from the router (the rutx12). They do not apply load balancing at the stream provider. The stream provider can handle any IP address. But there should be no dip. Apparently that dip is there. then it seems that the load balancing is not going well. I would like to receive an appropriate solution or help.

Greetings Peter
Unfortunately I have not received any answers! Please find a suitable solution asap
by anonymous
Hello, you probably sent an e-mail to the wrong person, as we didn't get it.

Regarding your issue. As you mentioned that you called the stream provider and they said that there should be no dip - well router cannot handle one connection with two IP addresses without a dip as there is no invisible way for it to takeover or hold it together. There must be ONE IP address for the stream, and once it loses its connection - the second modem takes over and the stream changes IP.

I'm sorry that you're having these issues. If you're not happy with the device and its functionality - I believe you're free to return those to your reseller.

EB