FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
543 views 2 comments
by

Hi, I have a RUTX08 as OpenVPN server.

I created the needed certificate with the RUTX08 and have two RUT240 as OpenVPN clients. Both RUT240 connect without a problem after every reboot. I also try to connect another RUTX08 as OpenVPN client to the same server, using the exact same configuration and factory resetted both all devices. 

Both RUTX08 run on RUTX_R_00.02.05.2 and the RUT240 run on RUT2XX_R_00.01.13.1

Are there any known issues using the RUTX08 with latest firmware as OpenVPN client? 

What can I do to troubleshoot the connection problem of the RUTX08?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

May i know what VPN server are you connecting?? Is the certificate files being duplicated?
Could you share more details about this.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,
Jerome
0 votes
by

Hello, 

here is my OpenVPN server config.

And the client config

I have three different certificates all working with this config on both RUT240 devices. But non of them work with the same config on my second RUTX08 device. The first RUTX08 device is the OpenVPN server. 

I tested it internally and externally, the RUT240 work in both situations, the RUTX08 in non of them. 

Kind Regards

by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding this issue of yours could i get a copy of the troubleshoot file of the server and client? It is best to get the troubleshoot file after executing this command on CLI  "/etc/init.d/openvpn restart" after that navigate to System > Administration > Troubleshoot and download the troubleshoot file and share it with me via pm.

I need from client and server side. Also are you using public ip address on the server side?

Why are you using .pem files? It would be the ca.crt. server.crt , server.key, and dh2048.pem

Regards,
Jerome
by

I have a similar problem with a RUTX08 set up as a UDP server on a TAPinterface with a simple static key.

This works perfectly with the same config on many RUT230, RUT240, RUT900, and an early RUTX08 on FW RUTX_R_00.02.00.2.

But on a new RUTX08 with the exact same config on the what i believe is the latest FW I can't get it to accept connections.

I have been monitoring the log with logread -f and noting happens. (The firewall is open for both TCP and UDP)

The thing is that it works flawlessly if I switch the config to TCP and in the client config on the PC to tcp-client. But I would much prefer to run the VPN on UDP for the reduced overhead.

Any idea what could cause this ?