FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
489 views 3 comments
by

Hi

IP camera           IP: 192.168.0.87:2010 (port)        gateway 192.168.0.246

Internet router     IP: 192.168.0.246  

RUT240              IP: 192.168.0.50

I want to connect to the ip camera from mobile wan on RUT240 and from the internet router at the same time, without changing the default gateway on the camera?

When i change default gateway on the camera to 192.168.0.50, then it works fine from RUT240 but not from internet router.

Is it some way to do this, i tried to setup som static routes with no luck.

Regards

John

by

Thanks for the answer.

Regards

John

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

May i know what are you trying to achieve with this? Why you want to make the internet router as gateway? From what i can see the RUT240 will act as a switch instead of a router. The proper way to make it work is by connecting the device this way.

Internet Router (LAN port) -> RUT240 (WAN Port)  and RUT240 (LAN Port) -> Camera Port

Also you need to use a different LAN network from the detail you provided your main internet router is having IP network of 192.168.0.0. So you need to set the RUT240 LAN IP to a different subnet let say 192.168.1.0 network. And from that you can do two port-forwarding rule from the internet router and RUT240.

For port-forwarding you can refer to this link: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firewall#Port_Forwarding

Hope it helps

Regards,
Jerome
by

Hi, Thanks for the answer.

The Rut240 should act as a backup when the internet router drops the internet connection of any reason, then a want to reach the same local lan through RUT240 as through the internet router.

I have the lan i my summer house and i want to have a backup through RUT240 mobile wan if the internet connection drops for a long time or the internet router hangs or something else fails.

regards

John

by anonymous
Hello,

It is best to make the RUT240 as the main router rather than the internet router.

The connection will be like this:

Scenario 1:
RUT240 WAN port will be connected from the ISP Wired network -> RUT240 (LAN port) connected to Internet router (WAN port) -> Camera

RUT240 must be different LAN IP than the Internet router. To prevent the usage of two Port-forwarding rule you can set the IP address assigned by RUT240 to the Internet router on the DMZ functionality of the router so from that you need to do port-forwarding on the internet router.

Scenario 2:

RUT240 will replace the internet router so the connection would be:

ISP Wired WAN -> RUT240 (WAN Port)  || RUT240 (LAN Port)  -> Camera

Where Wired WAN will be used as Main WAN and Mobile as back up connectivity to the camera.

For more information: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_WAN#Operation_Modes

Regards,
Jerome
0 votes
by

Thanks for the answer.

Regards

John