FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
881 views 6 comments
by anonymous

I'm trying to connect a Teltonika TRB140 to a Lancom router via IPSEC VPN. The IPSEC tunnel was created sucessfully but I can't ping or reach devices behind the TRB140 or even ping the LAN interface from the Lancom side.

The setup is as follows:

The Lancom has a fixed public IP address which I just displayes with Y.Y.Y.Y. in that example. Please notice that I use the class B net as class C for the VPN tunnel.

The configuration is shown in the following picture.

In that configuration I can ping all IPSEC IPs of all devices. But not the original LAN IPs.
Something seems to be wrong in the IPSEC status:

The last shown IP address is located in a /32 subnet (which normally needs to be /24) and has no defined net on the other side (which normally should be 192.168.0.0/24). The connection only works if I hook the option "Default Route" to on.

At the moment I have no idea how to move on with that problem.
Thanks for your help.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you provide a screenshot of the Lancom device configuration page? Also, try changing Local/Remote identifier values to FQDN and check if it works. By the way, when you enable IPsec instance, try to check router logs and post them here. To read logs enter logread command in CLI.

Regards.

by anonymous
I sent a private message with the log and screenshots.

Regards.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I created the logfiles and some screesnshots from the Lancom configuration. The routing on the Lancom seems to be correct. If I make a traceroute from the notebook to the TRB it finds the Lancom but doesn't come any step further.

Here are the screenshots from the Lancom config.

So the tunnel is active but still no way to access the local LAN address of the TRB (192.168.1.5) and the systems behind the TRB.
Please see also the following logfile from the TRB140 CLI.

Logfile TRB

I also tried to us FQDN but wasn't able to bring the tunnel up. Mainly we are working with FQUN in our environment.

Kind regards

by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for the additional notes. I will look into everything.
by anonymous
Hello,

Do you have any news regarding the problem?

BR
by anonymous
Hi,

Are there any news how to move on with that problem?

BR
by anonymous
Hi there,

Since months it is very quite here and we do not move forward. Is there any chance to get some help???

BR
by anonymous
Add 192.168.0.0/24 to the rightsubnet field of the Lancom and to the Local subnet of the TRB, and disable the default route option if you don't need it.

Regards,