5277 questions

6429 answers

10373 comments

6440 members

0 votes
114 views 8 comments
by
Good morning,

I have a problem with my RUTX12. Following your indications I have installed the latest version of firmware. The router is now functioning but with modem 2 only. The configuration page show "Modem 1 not connected" and in the page reporting the "current firmware information" the "Primary Modem firmware version" reports "N/A".

Other informations shown are:

Firmware version: RUTX_R_00.02.05.2

Firmware build date: 2020.11.19

Secondary Modem firmaware version: EG06ELAR03A05M4G

kERNEL VERSION: 4.14.171

Thanks in advance

2 Answers

0 votes
by

Hi,

  • Have you tried resetting the router to factory defaults?
  • Did this happen after a failed update or something else?
  • Can you get the status of that modem? Or it doesn't load at all?
  • Any LED indication?
EB.
0 votes
by

After your message I have installed the latest version of the firmware, did the reset of the RUTX12 but nothing happened: the modem 1 still doesn't work and it is not recognized.

The "current firmware information" are still:

Firmware version: RUTX_R_00.02.05.2
Firmware build date: 2020.11.19

Primary Modem firmware version "N/A"
Secondary Modem firmaware version: EG06ELAR03A05M4G
kERNEL VERSION: 4.14.171

The syslog contains following lines (this is only an abstract):

Wed Nov 25 15:55:49 2020 daemon.info gsmd[4846]: gsmd[src/gsmd.c:find_modem_vidpid_by_id():633]: Modem not found...

Wed Nov 25 15:55:49 2020 daemon.info gsmd[4846]: gsmd[src/gsmd.c:find_modem_vidpid_by_id():633]: Modem not found...

Wed Nov 25 15:55:49 2020 daemon.info gsmd[4846]: gsmd[src/gsmd.c:exec_cmd():520]: Modem not found...

Wed Nov 25 15:55:49 2020 daemon.err uhttpd[4180]: Failed to invoke a gsmd object method

by
Could you please answer my questions above?
by
I replay point by point:

1) I have updated the firmware to the latest version and reset of the unit to the factory defaults;

2) no errors appeard in the installation process and after;

3) the status of the modem report: Data connection "disconnected", State "Searching N/A", Sim card info "not inserted", Bytes received/sent "1227844736 Gb" and continue to grow up;

4) Led sim 1 "off", Led sim 2 "green", modem 1 the three leds of the signal power are blinking together.

Best regards
by

Let's try reflashing the modem then.

1. Download this: https://kaunas.teltonika.lt:444/f/0b83d2356085413a9b94/?dl=1

2. Extract those files in that zip into folder called: EG06ELAR04A04M4G

3. Upload that folder into /tmp directory of your device using SCP / WinSCP app with SCP protocol

4. Go to CLI of your RUTX12

5. Input these two commands:

echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/modem_reset/value 

echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/modem2_reset/value

6. After that enable modem1 with command:

echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/modem_reset/value

7. Type in /usr/sbin/quectelFlasher -f /tmp/EG06ELAR04A04M4G

8. Flashing should start, wait for it to finish.

9. When it's finished execute:

echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/modem_reset/value

echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/modem2_reset/value

9. Restart your router.

EB.

by

Unfortunately the reflashing process failed:

/usr/sbin/quectelFlasher -f /tmp/EG06ELAR04A04M4G   

[000.000] QFirehose Version: LTE_QFirehose_Linux&Android_V1.0.3
[000.000] Builded: Feb 27 2020 21:25:59
[000.000] qfirehose.c main 174 fail   
by

1. Did you extract everything from the zip into the folder?

2. Is EG06ELAR04A04M4G folder in /tmp directory in your router?

3. Please check if it still there when you execute the command I gave you.

EB.

by

I followed your instructions step by step verifying everythig but modem 1 still doesn't work.

This is the echo of the executing process:

physical_partition_number="6" start_sector="0" />
[086.562] <log value="INSIDE HANDLE PROGRAM"/>
[086.563] <log value="start_sector 0, last_sector_address 58"/>
[086.563] <response value="ACK" rawmode="true" />
[086.563] send ../sbll.mbn, filesize=234428
[086.637] Upgrade progress: 100
[086.639] send finished
[086.642] <log value="Finished sector address 0"/>
[086.642] <response value="ACK" rawmode="false" />
[086.642] <power value="reset" />
[086.643] <log value="Inside handlePower() - Requested POWER_RESET"/>
[086.643] <response value="ACK" />
[087.643] inf[0] ep_in -1/1024, ermo = 71 (Protocol error)
[087.643] qusb_noblock_read read=-l, ermo: 71 (Protocol error)
[087.643] qusb_noblock_read cur=0, min_size=l
[087.643] firehose_protocol.c fh_recv_cmd 291 fail
[087.643] THE TOTAL DOWNLOAD TIME IS 83.033 s
[087.643] Upgrade module successfully.
root@Teltonika-RUTX12:/tmp/EG06ELAR04A04M4G# |

 Probably the real problem is in the hardware

by
In this case please return the device to the reseller and have them change it. This issue really looks like hardware fault.

EB.
by
I returned the device to the reseller, the new one is now functionig very well !!!