FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
995 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi!

I want to separate the traffic from the two different modems in my RUTX12 so that devices connected to LAN1 use only primary SIM and devices connected to LAN4 use only secondary SIM. I have followed the guide in a former question asked by Dan Gwalter on October 27.

Dual Sim (RUTX12) - routing different devices to internet via different SIM 

At first I thought it was working but I then realized that when I only connected to my LAN4 port the traffic was still routed through the primary modem. I followed the provided guide except for creating a failover to the WAN-port.

What I want to achieve is:

Devices connected to LAN1(with NAT) -> Primary modem SIM1, allways

Devices connected to LAN4(with NAT) ->Secondary modem SIM2, allways

The reason is that I will handle bonding externally.

Best, Marco

by
Hello!

I want to do the same. I have two different interrnet operator's sim-cards inside RUTX12. My children are living in the east wing of our house, they are doing lots of movie streaming etc. I would like to send internet connection to them using for example SIM2 via LAN port 2. To the rest of the house I would like to send internet connection using SIM1 via LAN port 1(which connects to my external wlan access point).

Is this possible at all? If it is - how is it done?
by anonymous

Hi!

I have finally got it to work. I followed the guide mentioned in my initial question, Dual Sim (RUTX12) - routing different devices to internet via different SIM but I had to read it very carefully. It is very easy to make a misstake. Some parts I found easy to misunderstand but it finally worked. The only thing still not working is my DNS. I still have to define my DNS server locally on my computer for some reason.

Best, Marco

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
by anonymous
Hello Ernestas!

I went through all the settings and have made it work....almost. It works in the way that I want except for one small detail. To make the second modem work I need to go in to the settings for the "LAN2" interface and make a change to the DNS settings. If I just start the router the second LAN2 interface does not work. If I then go to the settings of that interface and either remove a DNS setting (for example 8.8.8.8) or if this setting is default (in my case 192.168.2.1) which is the router address for the subnet i chose, I then put in a DNS (8.8.8.8).

In summary. I need to make a change to the settings of the DNS to make it work. It doesn't matter if I put a DNS in or remove it. After the changes and save, it works but nerver immediately after power up.

What could be wrong?

Best, Marco
by anonymous
Nothing? No idea on what could be wrong? Something with my DNS setup is off but I don't know what.

I hope someone can help me.

Best, Marco