FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
208 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

We are new to the sales of the RUT240. Our users are questioning the enabling and registering on the RMS.  I would like to know why this is a requirement in order to get them connected properly with the proper speeds and if they will have to leave it enabled or can they disable once they register?

Also, will they be required to purchase a license after the first year free?

This is a new process for us and we are unsure on what to tell our users.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

1. RMS enabling has nothing to do with speeds.

2. RMS is optional, you can either enable it or disable it, it's free users choice.

3. RMS gives one month worth of credits (1 credit) for the device, not one year.

4. You're not required to purchase licenses unless you wish to continue using RMS.

EB.
by anonymous
Odd thing is however, some of our users were unable to get connected at all using the router until they registered the serial number.  Others saw the speeds increase from barely anything to acceptable performance.  Sorry for the typo, I meant one month not year.  Is it possible the reseller of the devices has them configured to not allow connection or similar until its registered? It just seems like an impeccable coincidence.
by anonymous
I'm sure that this has nothing to do with speeds or being forced to register. If you're in a setup wizard screen at the last step where you configure your connection to RMS - you can just skip that window and go straight to WebUI.

EB.