FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
377 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Trb145 using 1.5gb of monthly 3G data Just to send two parameters humidity and temperature every minute. How can this data volume be reduced? It's resulting in very high data transmission cost.

Have tried disabling RMS connection but still not much difference in data usage.

Could it be because of zerotier VPN? Have disabled that as well now.

by
Could it be because of zerotier VPN? Have disabled that as well now.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

There could be multiple reasons of data consumptions .

Could you please provide me a troubleshoot file in PM for the device so that i can check where is it being consumed , what features are enabled in the device.

You can download troubleshoot file in the System>Administration>Troubleshoot.

Also i think 1.5GB is not that much for a whole month.

Thank you.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Ahmed .
by anonymous
Thanks Ahmed. Sending the troubleshoot file.

I am using TRB145 to connect with a temperature and humidity sensor over modbus/RS485 and sending data to a server. Besides modbus, I just had NTP, zerotier and RMS enabled intially.

For the same application, I am using some other modems as well which use only 200MB in a month.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I will be consulting with the team.

Thank you.
by anonymous

Hello,

Troubleshoot file was downloaded after the device was on for 4 minutes and in that time the device managed to consume very little data:

rmnet0   Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00 

inet addr:10.245.244.151 Mask:255.255.255.240

inet6 addr: fe80::526e:8028:201f:b64e/64 Scope:Link

UP RUNNING MTU:1500 Metric:1

RX packets:267 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:405 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:23804 (23.2 KiB) TX bytes:53537 (52.2 KiB)

To calculate: https://www.gbmb.org/kib-to-mb

I recommend getting a tcpdump file from the TRB145 when you notice huge data consumption.

From tcpdump file we can see what could potentially generate this kind of data. You can get the tcp dump file in 

System>Administration>Troubleshoot

TCP dump is a program used to capture packets moving through network interfaces. By default, the device does not store TCP dump information. You must enable 

TCP dump and save the changes before you can download the file.

Furthermore, you can visually see from where to where traffic goes, and maybe you could find where is data being used.

To check that navigate to Status -> Realtime Data -> Connections

Thank you.

Regards,

Ahmed

by anonymous
I am very new to Teltonika routers and lte modems.  I got an additional simcard with 12 GB/month for testing the device.  It has been turned on for less than 1/2 hour and I have only been on the User interface watching.  Data usage is allready 686,13 MB received and 10,04 sent - without doing anything.