FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
546 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

we have a RUT955 (HW rev. 1106) and tried to update the firmware to version RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.3 via the bootloader menu, following the instructions to the letter. But now the Router doesn't seem to work anymore. During the boot process the LAN LED's are flickering shortly. Connections to the WebUI don't work anymore and only the power LED is on after reboot. The only thing that works is the bootloader menu (firmware & bootloader upgrade) but reuploading the firmware image doesn't have any effect. Is there any way to unbrick the device?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Have you tried going back to earlier versions of the firmware? Might be that you did a big firmware jump and that caused your router to stop working.

One more question: What is your bootloader version?

EB.
by anonymous
Yes, I also tried version RUT9XX_R_00.06.07 (Factory FW).

I don't know how to tell the bootloader version. There is no version info on the firmware page nor on the bootloader page.
by anonymous
In this case, try something low as 00.06.02. If after this version you will not be able to get into the router - please return it to your reseller.

EB.
by
Unfortunately uploading the old firmware didn't work either.

We bought the device in July 2018. So I guess the reseller will kindly chuckle, if we ask them. Can we send the router to you instead, so you can give it a try?
by anonymous
In any case, the device should be returned to the reseller and the reseller will deal with whatever there is needed to do with your device.

Just in case, can you private message me your serial number of the device, so if it's sent to RMA I can personally take over the case?

EB.
by anonymous
The reseller says that they can't gain access to the router to flash the firmware. They say that the motherboard has to be exchanged and that a repair makes no sense because that would exceed the costs of buying a new device.

What do you advice?
by anonymous
And now I'm left for dead... that's just great!