FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
946 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi Guys:

Have figured out how to the uci interface to edit the /etc/ipsec.conf and /etc/ipsec.secrets files. I want to edit now the /etc/strongswan.cong file but there appears to be no uci interface to do this.

I have tried using vi but of course when I issue a /etc/init.d/ipsec reload command, all my edits are lost. I have tried editing with vi and then issuing a uci commit before teh /etc/init.d/ipsec reload command but it made no difference. All my edits wer lost.

So how does one use the uci interface with the /etc/strongswan.conf file?

Cheers,

john

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

IPSec configuration is on /etc/config/strongswan  on you can edit config from there. 

For more information you can refer to this link:
https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/UCI_command_usage

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous
Hi Jerome:

The /etc/config/strongswan gives me access to only the ipsec.conf and ipsec.secrets files.

I need access to this file:

root@Teltonika-RUT950:~# ls -l /etc/strongswan.conf                                                                                                  

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            26 Sep 30 10:10 /etc/strongswan.conf -> /tmp/ipsec/strongswan.conf

I just tried editing it with vi, saving it. tunning uci commit and then /etc/init.d/ipsec reload and my changes were gone.

Need to add some options in that file so need to know how to change it.

Cheers,

john
by anonymous
Ok, so how this is done......

You need to edit the /etc/strongswan.conf file manually with vi.

And then when you restart ipsec your edits will be lost.

Back to square one.

Cheers,

john