FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,225 views 4 comments
by anonymous
As the title been having issues with an RUT240 on Firmware 00.01.13.1. I am unable to reach the router after a reboot after the initial configuration. It is currently in bridge mode with a Ubiquiti USG, which was working in Passthrough until the latest firmware where this broke....

Really quite confused as to why it is breaking the router is functioning and is reachable via SMS etc ....

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Have you tried setting up your network adapter to static settings? Give your PC IP something like 192.168.1.50, subnet 255.255.255.0 and default gateway 192.168.1.1. This way you should be able to open WebUI.

If this doesn't work - try resetting your router to default factory settings using reset button.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Device_Recovery_Options

EB.
by anonymous
Hi Thanks, yes I have all ready tried this. Connecting directly with a cable to the modem I can reach it.

I should say the RUT240 was working in Passthrough with no issues until the firmware update.

I currently have the RUT240 in Bridge Mode (Passthrough mode has stoped woking in a similar way with the latest update)  with an IP of 192.168.2.4 it is connected to WAN1 of a Ubiquiti USG (192.168.1.1) with the WAN2 of the USG connected to a BT FTTC connection through PPoE and set to Load Balancing/ failover

I have completely reset the RUT240 and reinstalled the latest firmware through the boot loader. Then configured the modem to be in Bridge mode giving it the MAC Address of the USG . Initially everything seems to work the Web UI is reachable @ 192.168.2.4, then after a reboot or an indeterminate amount of time the device becomes unreachable and the internet connection failover to the FTTC on the USG , the RUT240 still responds to SMS commands etc, rebooting does not solve the problem.

This morning I was able to get to the WEB UI initially then I was unable too ...

Cabling has all been tested etc
by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for this detailed information.

1. Is the MAC that you're giving passthrough to is static?

2. Could you check bridge/passthrough mode with other devices except for USG?

3. What was the latest firmware update that everything worked fine with?

4. When you're trying to reach the device, is there any chance that you have other network adapters that don't have metrics configured, and that maybe be causing the issue to not connect to some of the local IP addresses of RUT240?

EB.
by anonymous

Thanks... 

1. Yes the MAC address of the USG is static

2. Seems to work with a direct connection to a laptop 

3. 2 versions ago ... I believe the version that shipped with my router was RUT2XX_R_00.01.12.3

4. Not sure what you mean here ? 

I am also becoming aware that there are issues with the Failover/Failback functionality of the Ubiquity USG-3P, which apparently has been present for years !  I am not sure where the issues I am experiencing are coming from now, though something has changed with the Firmware update that has exasibated the issue ? 

I am leaning towards DNS issues, suffice to say it's now driving me a bit mad.... 

by anonymous
Hi,

Could you please see if you go back to that older working version, does it work for you or the issue then persists.

If it will work - please download two troubleshoot files: one with the older FW version, and one with the newer when you encounter the issue.

EB.