FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
352 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello, on Device Modem Layout in Status/Network/Mobile section I see one Primary modem with two sim card slosts and External modem with USB slot.

What external modem can be used and how its setting looks like?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Full instructions on how to do it could be found here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/How_to_set_up_a_USB_modem

Also, the list of supported USB modems is also there and will be updated if there are any new ones.

EB.
by anonymous
Are there any updates here? It's been years.
0 votes
by anonymous
Thank you for answer. I hope RUT955 settings would work in case of RUTX11. However, "list of modems", that's a bit much. There is only 1 model and 3G level. Any chance to get there more current models, e.g e3372?
by anonymous
In the future, we will support more external modems. For now, unfortunately, we only have this.

EB.
by anonymous

It has been two years since this reply so I take it by your comment of "The Future" being around about now?

I don't see this mentioned much anywhere else.

The functionality to have some major USB modems working in the USB port will be of huge importance to many clients who want to bond a third WAN on the RUTX12, or additional second WAN on the RUTX11, etc without having to plug in additional power supplies.

This is also particularly useful when considering outdoor installs in the QuWireless and other similar outdoor enclosures.

I expect that just a few hours of driver dev and we could have some major brand USB LTE dongles working with the RUTX models.

I would suggest you start with major brands such as the Huawei E3372 for starters as there are several million of these in circulation right now across the globe and they will still be manufacturing them for the long future.

What are your thoughts?