FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
988 views 3 comments
by
I have setup Zerotier on a RUTX09 device, in the Zerotier console the RUTX09 router has Allow Ethernet Bridging enabled and a managed route to the RUTX09 Lan network has been entered in the Zerotier console via the RUTX09 Zerotier address.

Despite this I cannot get any zerotier client to ping any clinet on the lan network of the RUTX09, I can ping the RUTX09 zerotier address and it's internal LAN address. I also cannot get any internal device on the RUTX09 lan side to ping any zerotier device. I set a static route to the zerotier network in the RUTX09 using the RUTX09's Zerotier address as the gateway but still no joy.

Any ideas on a solution to get this to work?
by
I have now managed to get this to work, it was related to firewall rules on certain devices but all working now. Thanks for your time Jerome.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

May i know if you really need to do the ethernet bridging with RUTX09?

If your main goal is  to have an end to end connectivity between the LAN Device of the router and the zerotier devices then it should be not a problem.

Just configure zerotier on the RUTX09 router and wait for the router to have an IP address assigned by zero tier.  From that on zerotier add manage route where you will input the LAN address of the RUTX09.

Let say:

192.168.100.0/24 via 192.168.192.1 -> Zerotier managed ip assigned to RUTX09

And from that you will have end to end connectivity with the zerotier on your zerotier network and  the LAN network of RUTX09.

If you really want to use ether bridging. As you can see Zerotier is a 3rd party platform that is supported by our Teltonika routers regarding on how to set it up on zerotier we cannot provide support for that. Also by checking in Zerotier there are no procedure on how to implement Etherbridging
https://www.zerotier.com/manual/#2_2_4.

Hope it helps

Regards,
Jerome
by
Hello thank you for the reply.

Yes is need devices on the LAN to be able to communicate with zerotier devices and vice versa, this is my first experience trying to set this up on a teltonika device, I have done this previously with an Opensense device and also between two networks using ubiquity cloud keys with zerotier installed on them with little config.

But for whatever reason I just cannot get network traffic to traverse between the zerotier network and the RUTX09 Lan network.

If there is some setting that I'm missing I welcome the advice, from the guides i've see about setting this up on a teltonika device it should just work but it doesn't appear to be.
by anonymous

Hello,

It is best to re-flash the firmware of the RUTX09 without keeping the settings. Then after that configure zerotier you can see the sample configuration here: ZeroTier Configuration - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)

After that on zerotier you will see managed routes. 

Regards,
Jerome