FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
574 views 1 comments
by
Hi,

I have just purchased the RUTX11 for failover, in the form of WWAN (wifi) first then (WAN) then (MOBILE). LAN IP 192.168.50.1

The trouble is the WAN comes from another router i.e. 192.168.1.1, (this will be a different router each time i use it)

I use Xbox and other gaming Consoles and they don't like it when Double NAT is happening.

Surely with this amazing kit I must be able to make it so that the WAN port is just passthrough or I can connect the first router via LAN but have the lan as first failover ?

Does that make Sense ?

Thanks

Lee

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I hope you are doing well.

if you can replace your "Another Router" with Rutx11  there will be no double NAT and Rutx11 will become your main router . Because the purpose of main router is only to provide wired internet connectivity to the Rutx11 . So better remove main router and replace with Rutx11. It will resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous
OK So the other router is an ISP modem/router..

It is also a different one at a different property each time i visit
0 votes
by anonymous
Also passthrough and bridge mode is only working when the WAN is mobile.

Thank you.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Ahmed
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

For disabling NAT on our router on a certain interface  .

What you can do you can go to the firewall in Rutx11 and look for interface on what you want to disable NAT. Disabling the masquerading on that specific interface will do the job to prevent from double NAT.

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Ahmed