FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
628 views 2 comments
by
Is a 93 to 98 % CPU  usage normal on a rut955? Unit temp is stated as 38 Celsius;ambient temp is 14.

Only running gps+nmea among services. No rs232 or 485 conversion. No port forwarding etc...

Ram looks ok.

Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If the router does everything how it supposed to do - not missing on any action that it should do, then yes, it's all normal and it means the processor is working.

EB.
by
Well, one anomaly I figured out by trial and error was that the CPU shoots up to the 93-97% range when I turn the GPS NMEA broadcast on; and falls back down to 15-20% when I turn it off. Is this normal, is NMEA broadcast supposed to use so much processor power? I wonder what would happen if I had other services on, of which the Rut955 has many. Even though the router works normally; this doesn't feel "normal": close to 100% cpu usage with only one service.
by anonymous
It is normal as while anything makes a significant change in routers workflow ramps up the CPU usage.

EB.