FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
284 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

My goal was to enable DNSSEC on my RUTX12's DNS server. I've followed variety of OpenWRT-related tutorials. All of the tutorials have one thing in common:

• use stubby and dnsmasq-full, or
  • use dnsmasq-full.
The difference between "regular" dnsmasq and dnsmasq-full is the DNSSEC support.
I've found that replacing dnsmasq with dnsmasq-full is impossible in RUTX12 because the full version requires newer kernel. So right now I've working DNSSEC validation done by stubby but that information is not propagated downstream due to dnsmasq. I'll try to compile my own dnsmasq-full or dnsmasq with DNSSCE support myself using the SDK.
My question is: Are you guys planning DNSSEC support in the future?
Thank you very much for your time.
Cheers,
PETR

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

For now, there are no plans to include DNSSEC functionality to RUTX devices. In the future, if there's more demand it might be considered.

EB.
Best answer
by anonymous
Hello Ernestas,

Fair enough. I'll try to dive inside the SDK and if I find a solution I'll post it here for others. The basic configuration I made is very simple and does not require any tweaks (apart of opkg). I plan to find something which will not interfere too much with the standard firmware.

Thank you for you time.

With best regards,

PETR
by
it would be nice to implement DNSSEC pse