FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+5 votes
3,316 views 19 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

is it possible to use RUT950 as client connected to a wireless hotspot?

I'm trying to connect the router to an unencrypted wireless station, which is configured as public Hotspot AP (I need to enter credentials (username / password)).

RUT950 receives an IP adress, but there is no way to enter the required credentials to use the hotspot.

Regards,

Rudi

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Unfortunately there is no function like this at the moment.
by
If there were a web browser installed on the router, would it be possible to connect the WAN interface to the internet that way?

If yes, is it possible to install a (basic) web browser on the router?
by anonymous
By default routers can not be authorized in HOTSPOT. This could be only achieved by using custom scripts, for example to send a POST request for authorization. But to achieve this you need to know all the content of a landing page.
by
There are routers available which act as a WISP clients and are able to handle capture portals.

It would be great if such a function would be available in RUT950.
by anonymous
Hi again,

Teltonika will analyze the possibilities of such functionality and it might be implemented in the future.
by anonymous
Are there any news about the possibility to connect a RUT950 to a public hotspot ?

I bought this router to get internet in my recreational vehicule abroad :

1 - as soon as 2it is possible, using a public hot spot

2 - when no hot spot is available and if my mobile subscription is valid in the country, using a 4G connexion

Today, the 1st alternative seems to be unusable. Is there any solution ?
by anonymous
This is exactly the feature I am looking for too. Any roadmap update from teltonika would be apriciated.
by anonymous
Hi,

I am using it for my camper, and most of the public Hotspots are using a Captive Portal. Without this function it is unusable for me. So please put this in your development roadmap.
by
i have the same problem...
by
Hi,

I'm also looling for A WISP function for my RUT240.
by
Hi,

I also have this problem with my RUT955 (Wohnmobil)
by
same problem here with RUT955
by
I have the same problem with my RUT 955 in a campervan.
by anonymous
same prob here (RUT955 mounted in a rv), would be great if solved or added feature in future firmware versions.
Dirk
by
Please add this function !

Best regards

Stefan
by
Any news about this? If you fix it I think that all with rv and caravans will by your routers.

Sinserly Mattias
by
Following as I have the same issue.

My web browser tries to go to the captive portal, but identifies it as a 'man in the middle attack'.

I'd be happy with a wget workaround from the command line if the captive portal details are know. Is this possible?
by
I just bought. RUTX11, hoping for this functionality. Another RVer.

I don't believe this functionality made it into release 2.05 - unless anybody knows differently.

Thanks in anticipation.
0 votes
by
Hi,

I am facing the same problem  with my RUT955.

When I try to connect to the vodafone free wifi in Germany I have to use login credentials like vodafone/myname@mydomain.com and password. To me it looks like a radius login, but I am not shure.

Best regards

Stefan
by anonymous
You can do this running openwrt on the RUT955.

Reiner
0 votes
by anonymous
You can do  this running standard openwrt on the RUT955, which is officially supported.
by
Hi, would you please care to elaborate? What does that mean "running standard openwrt"? Would you be able to provide a step by step guide on how you get to login to the hotspot portal?

Many thanks :-)