FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
708 views 6 comments
by

Please, can you help us with RUT955's RS232 configuration. All our attempts are not working.  

We (technical departmet of Air traffic control) have equipment far away from our control room. At the equipment side we use GSM modem Cinterion (with SIM card) for monitoring and controling our equipment. We bought RUT955 to improve the connection. We need to use RS232 and modem mode. 

String which our equipment is sending to modem is: 

ATE0&S1&D2X4S0=1+CBST=7,0,1 and the modem is supposed to call the number in our equipement room with AT command ''ATDT...'' to inform us about status of the equipment.

How to configure RUT955's RS232 as modem?

Thank you in advance for your answer. 

Best regards. 

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding as RUT955 as a modem you can do that by navigating to Services > RS232/RS485.

For more information you can refer to this link:
RUT955 RS232/RS485 - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Regards,

Jerome

by

Hello Jerome, 

Thank you so much for your reply and help. 

I'm sorry if I was not clear with my question. 

We already tried RS232 configuration in modem mode but RUT955 doesn't recognize AT commands which we need. Very short set of AT commands is supported in modem mode. Even D command is not working when we are connected to RUT955 with RS232 cable and use putty or hyperterminal. 

Is it possible to go to user script and put our string there. Our string is ATE0&S1&D2X4S0=1+CBST=7,0,1, so we should write 

gsmctl -A ATE0&S1&D2X4S0=1+CBST=7,0,1

Is it possible? 

Can we use RUT955 instead of our GSM/GPRS modem Cinterion and AT commands from string above?

Thank you so much in advance. 

Best regards, 

Jasna 

by anonymous
Hello,

Could you check the AT commands that the LTE module can understand you can download the AT command list from this link:
https://mega.nz/file/eoFQVZ5C#G6LVN38SPjktJe1sNW_vKm7Wukp5rVXn0-hPNCzSlgk

Regards,
Jerome
by

Dear Jerome, 

Thank you again for your answer and the document. We've already found this Quectel Manual and tried some commands but some of them are working, some of them are not. From our string commands that are working are: ATD and AT+CBST but others as ATE0, ATS0, ATS1 and ATX4 are not working. Also we can not make a list of configured parameters with command AT&V. Do you have any idea why it's not working and how to fix it. 

And also I would like kindly to ask you can we import this string in the script somehow? Is it possible? When our equipment send this string, our (ATE0&S1&D2X4S0=1+CBST=7,0,1) modem needs to recognize it. 

Please help. 

Thank you in advance. 

Best regards, Jasna

by anonymous

Hello, 

If I am correct you want your connection is this Cinterion Modem -> Connected via RS232 -> RUT955

Then you want to execute the command: ATE0&S1&D2X4S0=1+CBST=7,0,1 this command is for Cinterion.

Is this correct? If this is the case what you can do is use Over-IP instead of using Modem mode.

Regards,

Jerome

by
Dear Jerome,

I'm sorry for my late reply. I was not able to answer you before.

We want to make connection like this:  equipment on the mountain - RUT955 connected via RS232 to the equipment. We actually want to use RUT955 instead of our old GSM Cinterion modem which is 2G/3G modem and wanted to improve connectiong with RUT955 as 4G modem.

The string ATE0&S1&D2X4S0=1+CBST=7,0,1 is the string saved in one PTT file in the equipment and it's supposed for RUT955 to recognize it and execute it. It's not possible in modem mode for RUT955....

Regards,

Jasna
by anonymous
This is a dead link.

In 06 series firmware file modem_core.c  has the code to make RS232 port emulate an analog modem. This  is distinct and different from controlling operation of RUT955 internal modem hardware. It means we can connect legacy equipment that expects to connect to an analog modem and sometimes uses commands that the inbuilt emulation does not support. It's not clear that this emulation function is supported by current 07 series firmwares, and if it is, which file(s) include the relevant code. But 06 can be fairly easily modified to at least not throw errors with redundant AT functions it doesn't understand.