FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
354 views 6 comments
by
Can we have more information on the configuration used in the scenario of the red cross? I would like to reproduce an identical scenario with 4 sim cards.
thanks in advance

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Are you pointing out this use case scenario? 

Connectivity for red cross command unit | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)

Regarding the full solution and what devices were used, we cannot give you the full details because we do have some agreements and some NDA signed for these kinds of solutions. 

But the main purpose of the RUTX11 is to provide Network connectivity between the Red cross vehicle and their HQ for remote monitoring of the camera and other devices. You can get the idea's from the network topology found on the given link to see the connection scheme. 

Regards,

Jerome

by anonymous
Are you using VRRP in this scenario? I have two RUTX11 with four SIMs from different operator and I would like to automatically select the best network for the end user connected to the wifi hotspot. Can we manage rules for switching between the 4 SIMs?
by anonymous

Hello,

To explain more clearly. 

|
In this scenario, R1 is the Wired WAN connection to R2.  Where R1 is having 2 sim cards having a failover connection let say data is finished on Sim 1 it will switch to SIM 2. Mainly the purpose of R1 is to provide Wired WAN connectivity to R2. Then on the R2 side mainly it is running on Wired WAN where failover to mobile is second. 

This one is to provide a good redundancy method between 4 sim cards. 

I hope it helps 

Regards,

Jerome

by
Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your reply and your explanation

My scenario is quite different. More than redundancy, i need to automatically select the best of the four operators.

Here is my scenario:

My vehicle will travel the roads and stop in different places in the country. When the vehicle is stopped. I would like to be able to connect to the best available network (4 SIM from different operators).

I have a RUTX11 and a RUTX12 to do my tests.

Do you think it is possible ? Maybe with a script ?
by anonymous
Hello,

Hmmm. As default functionality of our RUT devices you can set let say the signal value reaches this and there is no connectivity it will automatically switch sim cards. So the solution that could work in this scenario of yours is using two RUTX12 where both of the devices are on failover mode instead of load-balancing. I suggested RUTX12 because it has two LTE modules that could be active at the same time where the device could also check the network connectivity with the different operators.

So the set up would be:

RUTX12-A (Op1 and Op2) LAN <------> WAN RUTX12-B (Op3 and Op4)

In this connection, RUTX12-B main source of WAN is mobile sim cards Op3 and Op4 when this sim card is not having network connectivity within the area it will switch to WIRED wan where RUTX12-A is providing network from Op1 and Op2 and RUTX12-A will be the one to verify which Sim card is having good signal reception.  

I know this one is not really the best suggestion but it may be improved with custom scripting maybe like switch to Wired connectivity when SIM 1 and SIM 2 is having this RSSI value or similar situations.

Regarding how to do it via custom scripting you need to do it by yourself. Or if you are not able to do it you can request your sales account manager to do research and development.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Regards,
Jerome
by
Thanks Jerome,

I have already written a script that monitors the signal from both modems but I don't know how to handle failover properly. Should I do this by playing with the interface metric?

Thank you in advance.
by anonymous
Hello,

This is just a suggestion though you can try to check on how the router is doing failover by checking /etc/config/mwan3 :)

Regards,
Jerome