5655 questions

6864 answers

11066 comments

6947 members

0 votes
43 views 1 comments
by
We use a firmware patch to modify behaviour of the RS232 modem emulation and set some defaults. The SDK appends a sub-version number to the output bin file name when it is built but this is not shown in the WebGUI 'version' display. We need to retain the factory Teltonika version data but also show a reference so it is easy to verify that our custom version firmware has been installed. Where can we do this ? Within the SDK there seem to be three copies of a 'version' text file holding the version string but these are all overwritten during the build process. I have seen the brand/config./h file but can't identify anything there which corresponds to the version data.

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hello,

Have you tried to modify gpl_version file in the main folder of the SDK? Also, could you provide file paths to the other version files you are reffering to?

Best regards.

by
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I did a simple search for files containing the displayed revision string "RUT9XX_R_GPL_00.06.07" which came up with these three:

file:///home/bobt/Teltonika/RUT955/6.07/staging_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/root-ar71xx/etc/version
file:///home/bobt/Teltonika/RUT955/6.07/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/root-ar71xx/etc/version
file:///home/bobt/Teltonika/RUT955/6.07/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/libbrand-1.0/ipkg-ar71xx/libbrand-versioning/etc/version

There are nearly 100 files with names including "version" but I cannot find a file called "gpl_version" anywhere in the RUT9XX_R_GPL_00.06.07 sdk.

Best regards.