FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
273 views 3 comments
by anonymous
We use a firmware patch to modify behaviour of the RS232 modem emulation and set some defaults. The SDK appends a sub-version number to the output bin file name when it is built but this is not shown in the WebGUI 'version' display. We need to retain the factory Teltonika version data but also show a reference so it is easy to verify that our custom version firmware has been installed. Where can we do this ? Within the SDK there seem to be three copies of a 'version' text file holding the version string but these are all overwritten during the build process. I have seen the brand/config./h file but can't identify anything there which corresponds to the version data.
by anonymous
Did you solved the issue?

I do have the same requirement: Modify the "FW Version" and create own FW with the SDK build process.
by anonymous
Hi Mani,

No, not really. I was never able to locate the 'gpl_version' file in the SDK, nor anything even similar. As a workaround we ended up changing the 'branding' string (as per the SDK example) for version identification. Not ideal but better than nothing.

I found the SDK wouldn't build on my current Linux box (MX Linux 19.2), at least not without a lot of retrospective changes. Eventually I dug out a discarded 32 bit PC with a noisy HDD, gave it a new SSD and installed the recommended distro on that. Takes a while, but does the job without breaking anything on my main machine.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Have you tried to modify gpl_version file in the main folder of the SDK? Also, could you provide file paths to the other version files you are reffering to?

Best regards.

by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I did a simple search for files containing the displayed revision string "RUT9XX_R_GPL_00.06.07" which came up with these three:

file:///home/bobt/Teltonika/RUT955/6.07/staging_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/root-ar71xx/etc/version
file:///home/bobt/Teltonika/RUT955/6.07/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/root-ar71xx/etc/version
file:///home/bobt/Teltonika/RUT955/6.07/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/libbrand-1.0/ipkg-ar71xx/libbrand-versioning/etc/version

There are nearly 100 files with names including "version" but I cannot find a file called "gpl_version" anywhere in the RUT9XX_R_GPL_00.06.07 sdk.

Best regards.