FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,089 views 8 comments
by
Hi There Folks, any thoughts regarding this issue?

Speedtest is causing the router to crash and reset, other than this it functions fine, but really want to sort out this issue as it should not be happening.

Cheers in anticipation of a response, Pete

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

First of all, which firmware version are you using on your RUTX09? If it is not the latest one (RUTX_R_00.02.05.2), then please upgrade your firmware. Also, are you talking about the internal RUTX speed test feature that is located under the Services tab or any other speedtest?

Best regards.
by
Hi, the firmware is the latest version -02.05.2, the speed test is both the internal speed test and the external Ookla powered speed tests.  It is as if there is some setting that sees high upload speeds as a threat and engages severe firewall measures, very strange stuff... Thanks for the response, Pete.
by
This behaviour is seen regardless as to whether I am connected direct to the LAN over an ethernet connection or over WiFi further down the network. Thanks again... And Merry Christmas to you and your family :-)
by anonymous
I would like to suggest to reflash your firmware via the bootloader menu, please refer to this guide on how to perform this: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTXxx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu

Let me know of the results.

Happy holidays and best regards to you too.
by
Hi, Many thanks for your suggestion.  I have followed the instructions and the issue persists, it is so very frustrating as the DL speeds I am getting with this router used in combination with the YAGI antenna I have purchased surpass anything I was hoping for (60mbps).  The problem is we need a reliable UL connection too and with our home working situation this is a problem we cannot overlook.  Do you have any other suggestions?

last night, when we were working with the Firewall settings, we had a period whereby the UL speedtest did not fail, but then about 10 minutes later, the problem arose once again.  I think it is a Firewall issue, but I am not sure what is causing it.  Thanks again, Pete.
by anonymous
Could you reboot your router then wait a few minutes until it connects to the network and perform speed tests. When the issue occurs please download the troubleshoot file from System > Administration > Troubleshoot page. After that, please send me that file via private message

Best regards.
by
Hi, I think that I have solved the problem.  I am running a PoE setup with a passive injector.  Previous setup was 12v 2a supply over a 30m Cat6 cable.  I worked out the voltage drop using an online calculator and the 11w peak load as per the manual specs and determined that the power supply was too small.  I replaced with a 19v 5a supply and tried again.... Voila! no drop-out.

From a consumer perspective I it is worth including PoE power supply data for different length cables as in my experience voltage drop can cause a lot of problems with network devices, my most recent was related to a big HDD that would not spin up properly, turns out the power supply did not have enough current. Thanks for your help once again, and I will keep you posted should I have any further issues.
by anonymous
I am glad that you solved the issue and shared the solution with us. I will note this observation of yours and good luck with future configurations
by
Thanks for the support, I hope you have a prosperous new year :-)

here is the calculator I mentioned: http://poe-world.com/Calculator/