FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,149 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have a RUT240, I'd like to use SNMP (system->package manager) but the GUI says Not enough disk space.

Whats the correct method to free up space, are there logs to delete or can I remove services that I don't need... e.g VRRP or MQTT (maybe?!)

I'm not sure how much I need to free up, this is my current utilisation...

# df -h

Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on

rootfs                    2.4M      1.3M      1.1M  53% /

/dev/root                11.8M     11.8M         0 100% /rom

tmpfs                    29.8M    440.0K     29.4M   1% /tmp

/dev/mtdblock5            2.4M      1.3M      1.1M  53% /overlay

overlayfs:/overlay        2.4M      1.3M      1.1M  53% /

tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev

/dev/mtdblock7          576.0K    376.0K    200.0K  65% /mnt/mtdblock7

#

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

RUT240 should have enough free space by default to allow you to install the SNMP package using the package manager.

In this case reset your device to factory default settings (just in case any important files were deleted, or if any downloaded data is still present in the router) and then try to perform the same procedure.

Best regards.

by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your response, I understand that approach, but factory re-set will require re-configure of all settings, LAN/DMZ/WiFi/DHCP Reservations etc.

Are there any less disruptive options? i.e. common things to delete, check or remove features I don't need?
by anonymous
This is the least disruptive option because it is not recommended to just simply remove built-in services. By removing already existing services (VRRP, MQTT, etc.) by hand, could break your router firmware entirely because many preinstalled services use the same libraries and so on.
by anonymous
Noted, thanks for your feedback.