FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
854 views 3 comments
by
Hi, I have both RUT950 and RUT240 and I can´t get either of them to work properly in bridge or passthrough mode.

Setup:

RUT950 in bridge (or passthrough) to Edgerouter, and the Edgerouter with IPSec site-to-site VPN to another Edgerouter.

The IPSec VPN is not connecting though, I've tried both bridge and passthrough, disabled the firewall in RUT, added firewall rules in RUT.

I'm stuck. I can't find a solution.
The Site-to-site VPN is correct configured, I run the same setup on multiple locations.

/Carl

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

For the issue, you are having you want to assign the public ip address of the RUT240 to the Edgerouter for the VPN solution that you are using.

May I know if you are using the latest firmware for the said devices? Is the Edgerouter your IPSec Server? What type/kind of IP address are you getting from the sim card? How are you connecting the RUT240 or RUT950 to your edge router??

I need the connection scheme that you are using.

From what I can see you can solve the issue you are having with the use of Bridge mode. So I will be waiting for the answers to the questions mentioned above.

Regards,
Jerome
by
For RUT240 try dropping firmware back to 1.10 - this was the last one successfully does bridging to our routers (MikroTik). All firmware since then we have been unable to get working (just testing out 1.13.1 now actually).
by

Hi, thanks for your reply.

- Yes, I am using the latestest firmware on RUT240 an RUT950.
- Yes, the edgerouter acts as IPSec Server.
- My public IP from the sim card is 100.105.207.167, I use a domain though for the IPSec connection.
- RUT950 is connected with a patch cable from LAN port on RUT950 to eth0 en Edgerouter.

In the web gui for Edgerouter I can se my public IP on port eth0.

/Carl

by anonymous
Hello,

Could we arrange a short remote session for this one? I am available today 9:00AM-11:00PM UAE time.
If you're not available on the said timings you can inform me via pm.

Regards,
Jerome