FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
474 views 2 comments
by
Hello together,

if u use the 5 ghz client function from my rutx11 to route in an other network the 5 ghz AP function will not work properly, it says "Running" but the SSID of the rutx11 is not discoverable from other devices (mobile, laptop...). (for 2,4 ghz all works fine!). Also the scan for 5 ghz networks is not working, it just shows "Collecting data..." when connected as client. If i delete the client all works fine again!

Also if i change settings on the 5 ghz it takes about 2-3 min till the 5 ghz LED is back on, for 2,4 ghz is is about 15 sec!

Reset is done, updated to latest FW also, even with "keep settings off". Any further ideas? Seems not normal to me!

BR,

Tim

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello Tim,

It is known when certain channels are used (DFS channels) for the 5Ghz station mode, the RUTX access point stops transmitting. That is because DFS channels are not supported for RUTX access points. I would suggest connecting your RUTX11 to another 5Ghz WiFi source that transmits in other channels that are not DFS.

Best regards.
by

Hello VykintasKuzma,

thanks for your reply, I switched from channel 104 to channel 36, now it works for this test... 

For me the problem is, normally i don't have the possibility to switch the channels of the networks to which i need to connect, is this a bug or a feature that the rutx stops transmitting? Any possibility to get this running or to transmit in an other channel than connected? 

BR,

Tim

by anonymous
It is not a bug or feature. Simply our RUTX does not support 5Ghz DFS channel access points. It gets confusing because it does support DFS channels while operating in station mode. Sometimes it creates an issue in situations like yours because the wifi module cannot work in two different channels at the same time (for example receiving channel 104 and transmitting channel 36). Once it receives channel 36 it will also transmit in channel 36.

Regards.