FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
385 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi There

I was advised that the 13.1 RUT240 firmware had fixed the failover bug. I have upgraded to 13.1 and just today had a Mobile to WAN failover event, but still it seems no update action was triggered. The dyndns.org record did not get updated.

could you confirm ?

regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you please show me your configuration of DDNS on your RUT240 and dyndns.org site? You can erase or hide credentials on screenshots with any painting software like Paint.NET.

Also, have you tried other DDNS services that are not dyndns.org? dynu.com or noip.com would be great place to start, as these were tested a lot with our devices.

EB.
by anonymous

Hi There

THe RUT240 DYNDN config is shown below. dyndns.org is probably the biggest dyndns provider and we manage over 1000 domains through this service on several hardware models, so using another dyndns provider is not practical  But I cant see how the provider would be an issue in this case. It seems that when a failover, network re-registration event , or a reboot, the dyndns update script should be triggered. What is strange in the case below, even if not immediately is that after 10 minutes at least (the ip check interval) it should detect that the WAN ip has changed and then update. But it never does in wired wan....

this leads me to wonder if there some RUT240 Firewall configuration that is preventing the dns process from calling the dyndns URL via the wired WAN port as apposed to the Mobile WAN. dns updates via Mobile WAN are fine.

Dynamic DNS

Dynamic DNS allows you to reach your router using a fixed hostname while having a dynamically changing IP address.

DDNS

Enable

Use HTTP Secure

Status

2021-01-07, 08:31:59

Service

dyndns.org

Lookup host

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hostname

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

User name

xxxxxxxxxx

Password

•••••••••

Reveal/hide password

IP address source

Public

URL to detect

http://checkip.dyndns.com

IP renew interval

IP renew interval unit

Minutes

Force IP renew

Force IP renew unit

Minutes

by anonymous

Firewall shouldn't have anything that would block DDNS, unless you've done some changes yourself, but by default there's nothing.

When you're in the backup and IP is not switching, could you please try executing this: /etc/init.d/ddns restart and see if it updates the IP?

EB.