FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
381 views 2 comments
by

Hello. I purchased a RUTX12 exclusively for live streaming, thinking that we can get great speeds, but most importantly, no need for worries about stable upload speeds.

We have read that in cases of upstreaming, since it's one connection, there is no way of using both sim cards simultaneously, which is sad but clear and logical. 

So we have 3 questions:

1. Manually Select SIM and manually change SIM. I was wondering if there is a way to manually chose the sim we want to work with and if during live streaming we face problems, change manually to the other sim, knowing that the stream will be interrupted. Right now, we use the load balancing feature for selecting the SIMs. We chose for example SIM 1 to ON and SIM 2 an WAN Off, so the stream goes to SIM1. Then, if we want to change, we put SIM 2 to ON, SIM to OFF and apply changes. The stream sometimes disconnects or sometimes must pe stopped to let the change take place. But still, sometimes for an unknown reason, it simply does not change.  
  2. If there is a rule for failover, checking the Mbps rate or the upload speed. And if the speed goes below a value (for example, under 1 Mbps), than change over to the other SIM. 
  3. If we chose to sen two diferent streams at the same time, do you know if its possible to direct every stream to a different SIM? 

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Christos

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us . 

I hope you are good.

I would like to clarify that Rutx12 has capability to use both the sim cards at the same time to achieve best throughput and it could be achieved with Load Balancing.

Watch this video .

If you are facing some bandwidth related issues during live streaming there could be multiple reasons . It could be mobile signal strength etc.

It is highly recommended to use all the mobile antennas provided .   

For signal strength recommendation please check here

There is no such option for now to perform sim switching when there is below 1 MB bandwidth on specific sim card.  

You could configure a sim switch function if there are signal related issues. So, that if there is poor signals on specific sim it will switch to the other one with good signals and once the sim 1 has better signals it will switch back to sim1 . 

You can use a different sim for specific traffic and it could be achieved by traffic rules . 

I hope it helps.

Thank you.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Ahmed

by

I would like to clarify that Rutx12 has capability to use both the sim cards at the same time to achieve best throughput and it could be achieved with Load Balancing.

During some Live Streaming from one source, we never had both modems uploading data at the same time, even with load balancing with ratio 1/1. Only one modem was sending data each time. When we stoped streaming and started again after 20 or 30secs, the other modem was used, but still only this modem was uploading the live streaming and the other modem was not uploading. So more or less, we understand that a upload stream from one source can only go through one modem each time and not through both for load balancing - better performance. Please confirm or advice about appropriate settings. 

Many Thanks

Greetings from Athens - Greece.

by anonymous
Hello,

You may find answers to your questions here :

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/LTE_Bonding_vs_Load_Balancing

I hope it helps.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ahmed